Introducing new BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer, a weightless, Vitamin C rich gel moisturizer that delivers immediate brightening results on the skin. We caught up with Dermalogica’s Education Manager Victoria Evans to find out more.
The quest for healthy glowing skin is ongoing and Vitamin C formulas are high on the list of solutions, but what if you could get instantly brighter and more hydrated skin from your moisturiser? We’re so excited about BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer, a unique, weightless gel texture with advanced Vitamin C technology to brighten skin instantly and over time. Not only that, this innovative formula renews skin for a natural glow and hydrates for more luminous skin. Did somebody say selfie? No ring light needed here!
What’s behind dull skin?Many of us suffer with dull skin, no matter our skin type. Here are some of the main factors that contribute to dull skin;
- Slower cell renewal causes dead skin build-up and results in a flaky rough texture. Our natural cell renewal process slows down with age and a lack of exfoliation causes further build-up. This results in skin that lacks moisture and an uneven surface from which light cannot reflect evenly, leading to that dull, lacklustre appearance.
- A compromised barrier causes moisture to escape and results in dryness and dehydration. This may be a genetic issue for you or caused by incorrect product use such as drying cleansers, stripping toners or inadequate moisturizer. Our skin also becomes compromised from weather and climate changes plus internal health and with the natural ageing process.
- Free radical damage or oxidative stress causes skin cell damage and leads to moisture loss, irritation, and pigmentation. Free radicals are all around us and generated by UV light and pollution as well as internal stress in the body. Having damaged and/or unevenly pigmented skin leads to overall dullness.
Skin brightening Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant with multiple skin benefits. It firms, brightens and increases your skin’s natural defences from environmental elements that can cause premature skin ageing. The challenge though, it that Vitamin C is notoriously tricky to formulate with. It’s highly unstable, meaning it gets used up or ‘oxidised’ within the bottle. It’s highly susceptible to degradation by light, heat and air. You may have noticed your Vitamin C serum turn brown or start to smell funky, this is a result of the Vitamin C oxidising. The problem here is that you’re not getting the potential benefits in the skin where you need it, so you might be dissatisfied with the results on your skin.
At Dermalogica, we looked at the need to stabilise Vitamin C in our formulas to ensure efficacy and achieve noticeable skin results. We use two forms of highly stable Vitamin C within our BioLumin-C products. We carried out clinical studies comparing our Vitamin C products to a leading competitor which showed our formula delivers 3 x more brightening and 3 x more Vitamin C into the skin.
New technologies for Vitamin C
With the launch of BioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer we have taken our ultra-stable Vitamin C complex to the next level by enhancing it with biotechnology. This technology recycles or reactivates the Vitamin C, increasing its potency and further enhances its penetration into the skin! This delivers brighter skin instantly and over time.
Instantly brighter and hydrated skinBioLumin-C Gel Moisturizer is a daily use moisturizer that provides weightless hydration and gives skin a radiance boost. Proven to instantly brighten and hydrate skin better than leading competitors!
- Brightens instantly and overtime with our boosted ultra-stable Vitamin C complex.
- Hydrates for more luminous skin with Squalane and five types of Hyaluronic Acid to provide long-lasting hydration. Plus, the Verbascum Thapsus Flower Extract, also known as the Bioluminescence Flower, transforms UV rays into visible light creating instant luminosity.
- Renews for a natural glow with Phytic Acid and Pumpkin Enzymes that gently exfoliate for an even-toned complexion.
How to use
After cleansing and toning, apply over face and neck in light, upward strokes. Use twice daily, morning and night. Allow one minute for product absorption. For daytime use, follow with an SPF. For more skin brightening, use alongside BioLumin-C Serum and BioLumin-C Eye Serum.
Shop new biolumin-c gel moisturizer here
Learn more and find your light at www.bioluminc.com