The skin around your eyes is the most delicate not just on your face, but on almost your entire body. Puffy eyes can be caused by a variety of factors in everyday life – but you can make some significant changes to help reduce them over time, including:
- Getting more sleep each night: aim for 6-8 hours a night.
- Applying sunscreen: it is important to wear SPF every single day.
- Drinking more water: staying hydrated is key to helping decrease the puffiness around your eyes.
tools and techniques
Curious how to make eyes less puffy with different tools or holistic techniques? Utilizing cold rollers or performing lymphatic drainage on the thin, delicate skin around your eyes can help reduce that puffiness, and can also help with:
- Reducing fat accumulation around the eyes.
- Soothing inflammaging, the chronic low-grade swelling that sometimes develops with age.
- Bringing hydration back to the under-eye area.
- Improving the barrier function of the skin around the eyes, which helps decrease the look of crow’s feet, fine lines and wrinkles.
Are you wondering how to reduce puffy eyes with certain ingredients in your skin care regimen? There are certain active ingredients that can aid in reducing periorbital puffiness and energize your under-eye area, including:
- Caffeine: it stimulates circulation and is known to have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Peptides: the building blocks of collagen, which help keep your skin firm and smooth.
- Hyaluronic Acid: its moisture-retaining properties can help hydrate the under-eye area.
Best eye treatment for puffy eyes
Awaken Peptide Eye Gel reduces puffiness and fine lines for a more well-rested look. This lightweight, firming and hydrating eye gel hydrates, firms and smooths the delicate skin around the eyes, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles while reducing puffiness. A highly active blend with Tetrapeptides and soothing Rosemary Leaf Extract minimize the appearance of puffiness and fine lines. Bioengineered Succinic Acid blend supports a more radiant appearance. Voandzeia Subterranea Seed Extract leaves skin smoother and more luminous.
best for: daily use
Stress Positive Eye Lift is a high-performance eye masque that energizes skin to reduce visible signs of stress. The active, cooling-cream gel is formulated with Sea Water Extract and Arctic Algae to counter the look of puffiness.
best for: weekly treatments