What did your cleanser leave behind?
Everyone knows to cleanse their skin twice daily, but most people don’t realize that a single cleanse with a surfactant-based cleanser still leaves behind a film of oil-based debris, such as sunscreen, long-lasting make-up, pollutants and your skin’s own sebum (oil). How does it happen? The oil-based debris on your skin creates a barrier that your usual cleanser simply cannot fully penetrate. The result is a dull, congested complexion.
What can you do about it?
Perform the Dermalogica Double Cleanse that begins with PreCleanse! Only PreCleanse is formulated with the plant-based oils that can melt the layers of oil-based debris on your skin because the oil molecules bond to each other, unlike the water molecules in your usual cleanser. These oils then emulsify when you add water, encapsulating and removing the trapped debris, and allowing your recommended Dermalogica Cleanser to penetrate even further than before. While double cleansing with your traditional cleanser may partially remove oil-based debris, only the Dermalogica Double Cleanse that begins with PreCleanse can adequately penetrate layers of oily debris for complete removal, ensuring a more intense, more professional and more thorough level of clean.
Performing the dermalogica double cleanse:
1. Remove eye and lip make-up by dispensing PreCleanse onto damp cotton.
2. Shake a generous amount of PreCleanse into dry hands and spread between the palms.
3. Sweep PreCleanse across neck, cheeks and forehead. Begin the step-by-step Dermalogica Professional Cleansing Technique listed below.
b. Continue by circling chin and cheeks, paying special attention to areas of congestion.
c. Use one fingertip on both sides of the nostril, then circle around the side and top of the nose.
d. Come between the eyebrows and continue circles over forehead, making sure to include the hairline.
e. Wet hands and massage over PreCleanse to create a light, milky emulsion.
4. Remove with the dampened cleansing cloth to gently exfoliate for ultra-clean, super smooth skin!
5. Commence second cleanse with recommended Dermalogica Cleanser.