Happy New Year everyone! We hope you’ve had a fantastic break over the festive period and enjoyed celebrating with friends and family. With the arrival of the New Year, now is the ideal time to refresh your skin care routine. To help, we’ve put together some top tips to help kick start your skin health routine:
- Wear an SPF all year round. Whatever the age, SPF skin care helps to prevent pigmentation (through critical UVA and UVB defence), moisture depletion and the slowing of collagen production – all of which result in the appearance of ageing skin.
- Cleanse thoroughly, day and night. Dermalogica recommend completing the ‘double cleanse’: this technique ensures the skin is completely free of debris such a sunscreen, long-lasting make-up, pollutants and your skin’s own sebum (oil). Cleansing oils (such as PreCleanse) are often formulated with the plant-based oils that melt the layers of oil-based debris on your skin. These oils then emulsify when you add water, removing the trapped debris, and allowing your recommended Dermalogica Cleanser to penetrate even further than before.
- Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliating at least twice a week will remove dull surface debris to reveal brighter, smoother skin; stimulate cell renewal to improve suppleness and enables the moisturiser to absorb more effectively in to the skin.
- Add a serum or booster to your regime. In short, a serum is a cocktail of concentrated active ingredients which help to further-enhance the function of your moisturiser. Applying before your moisturiser ensures these potent ingredients penetrate deeply in to the skin to improve the overall surface appearance.
- Don’t forget your hands. Most will remember to apply their face moisturiser on a daily basis but many forget to moisturise their hands. Ensuring hands are deeply moisturised, nourished and protected from day-to-day irritants is vital for maintaining soft, healthy hands.
- Visit your professional skin therapist on a regular basis. A little ‘me time’ is unquestionably beneficial, particularly if your skin concerns can be targeted too. Whilst a regular facial comes with a long list of benefits, skin health can be boosted with just a short (MicroZone®) treatment using more concentrated, professional products.